CoolStream CarPro Quick Start Guide
Please read this instruction manual before operating the appliance, and save it for further reference.
Wirelessly stream music from your iPhone, Android, or other Bluetooth-enabled devices to your car stereo. The CoolStream CarPro plugs into the 30-Pin iPod cable and integrates Bluetooth audio streaming into your car’s stereo system. The CarPro is designed and serviced by CoolStream in New Hampshire.
This Box Contains
- CoolStream CarPro Bluetooth Receiver.
- CoolStream CarPro Quick Start Guide
How to Install in a Car.
How to Pair for the First Time
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone/iPod/Android or another mobile device.
- Select Bluetooth. Confirm the Bluetooth function is on and search/scan for available devices.
- Tap CarPro to pair. Enter four zeros, “0000” as the PIN—tap pair to complete the connection.
- The mobile device is paired with the CoolStream CarPro when a steady blue LED light is displayed.
- Play music. Confirm that the volume on your mobile device is at MAXIMUM.
Set your stereo to AUX, iPod, Media, Sat 2, CD…
Refer to your vehicle’s manual for accessing your stereo’s auxiliary or iPod function to choose the correct setting.
How to Play Music
You must have at least one song saved to your phone’s music library for the CarPro to complete the connection between your phone and the car stereo. Without this song, you can still pair to the CarPro, but your music will not play through to the car speakers. For more information and specific steps on purchasing a song, please read this FAQ.
The CarPro will stream music from your phone’s music library or any streaming app such as Apple Music, Spotify, Audible, etc.
How to Re-Connect
- The CoolStream CarPro can be left on the 30 Pin iPod Cable all the time.
- Once you turn off the car, the CoolStream CarPro should turn off, and the Bluetooth connection with your mobile device will be broken.
- After turning on the car again, the CoolStream CarPro will automatically power on and re-connect to the last mobile device paired to it. The CoolStream CarPro displays a steady blue LED light when re-connected.
- If the CoolStream CarPro does NOT connect to your mobile device, go to Settings -> Bluetooth and tap CarPro to pair.
How to Pair a Different Mobile Device
- Turn off the Bluetooth function of the first phone paired to the CarPro.
- The LED will be a blinking blue light.
- Now a different mobile device can pair to the CoolStream CarPro using the instructions above.
Safety Notice. PLEASE READ BEFORE USE.
When the vehicle is moving, we strongly advise paying full attention to the traffic conditions. Distracted drivers can lead to road accidents, both large and small.
CoolStream cannot guarantee media display and steering wheel control functions when using the Android 4.1 or earlier operating system.
Please consult our website, CoolStream Bluetooth Devices – CoolStream (coolstreamrocks.com), for information about firmware updates related to new versions of iOS. CoolStream will do everything possible to maintain compatibility with iOS versions higher than iOS 8.3.
CoolStream cannot guarantee song display for any 3rd party application such as Spotify or Pandora. The CarPro is designed to display iTunes saved in your iPhone library onto your car’s display screen.
CoolStream is the registered trademark of Exeter Science & Entertainment. Exeter Science & Entertainment warrants this product against defects in material or workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Please click here to contact CoolStream Customer Service for troubleshooting before returning this device. If you need further assistance, tell us the year, make, and model of your vehicle and the type of phone you are using.
Please click here for an easy-to-read downloadable PDF of the CoolStream CarPro Quick Start Guide.