Does the Amazon Echo Dot work with the Duo? YES, it DOES! You can pair the Echo Dot with the CoolStream Duo so that all the music and information you get from Alexa will be streamed to your Bose SoundDock or other docking station.
The Amazon Echo Dot easily connects to the CoolStream Duo. Just follow these steps.
1. Turn OFF the Bluetooth function on your iPhone, iPad or any other mobile device with Bluetooth.
2. Take CoolStream Duo off the Bose SoundDock and slide the power button to the left. This will turn on the battery—place Duo near Amazon Echo Dot.
3. Open the Alexa App on your phone, tablet, or laptop. Then tap the 3 Line Menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Home Screen.
4. Tap Settings on the Home Menu.
5. Tap Echo Dot under the Settings Menu. It will be the first choice.
6. Tap Bluetooth under Echo Dot settings.
7. Tap the blue bar “Pair New Device” to start searching for the CoolStream Duo.
8. Tap CoolStream Duo to pair the Echo Dot with the Duo.
9. Once the CoolStream Duo is connected to the Echo Dot, you can plug the Duo into your docking station.
10. Now you can tell Alexa to play music, and it will come out of your Bose SoundDock.