Does the CoolStream Duo work with the Sony ICF-CS15iP? Yes, and No. The CoolStream Duo is not compatible with the Sony ICF-CS15IP when using only the 30 pin iPod connector. The good news is that you can use the audio cable included with the CoolStream Duo to connect to the Sony’s 3.5mm AUX jack.
Here are the steps of how to use the CoolStream Duo with the Sony ICF-CS15IP.
- Plug the CoolStream Duo onto the Sony’s 30-pin iPod connector. This will give the Duo power. Then plug the included audio cable into the 3.5 AUX Jack on top of the Duo.
- Plug the other end of the audio cable into the Sony’s AUX Jack in the back of the dock.
- On top of the Sony ICF-CS15IP, there is a row of buttons close to the back of the dock. The buttons say Audio In, Tune -, Tune +, Mode, Clock, and DSPL/ENT. Press the Audio In button.
- On the screen of the Sony ICF-CS15IP, it should say Audio In.
- Take your phone and go to Settings -> Bluetooth and tap CoolStream Duo to pair. Wait for it to say Connected next to the CoolStream Duo.
- Play music.
Now your phone can stream music to your Sony ICF-CS15IP using the CoolStream Duo.
All CoolStream Product FAQs are provided to assist our customers with questions regarding the CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Music Receiver, the NEW! CoolStream BOOM!, the CoolStream CarPro, with specific versions for these manufacturers: Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Mini-Cooper, and Mercedes, or any General Inquiries. At CoolStream, we strive for 100% Customer satisfaction. If you did not find the answer needed, please use the Contact Form, and we will reply.
Please see these pages for questions regarding Compatibility:
CoolStream is a trademark owned by Exeter Science & Entertainment LLC. Exeter Science & Entertainment warrants its products against defects in material or workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase.