The stereo of the Mercedes needs to be in AUX Mode in order for the CoolStream CarPro to work. Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to find the AUX Mode. CoolStream recommends that you consult your Mercedes Owners’ Manual in order to find the correct way to switch your stereo to AUX mode.
But in case the manual cannot be located or proves to be less than helpful, here are a couple of tips that we have received from Mercedes owners.
Press the “DISC” button until Audio appears on the screen’s menu.
Select “Audio” from the menu using the control knob. A drop down menu should appear.
Scroll to the bottom of the drop down menu and select “AUX”. Sometimes “AUX” may not appear until you scroll down.
Make sure that your Mercedes is in Park. You may also have to turn the key to second position (battery power).
Press the “DISC” button repeatedly until the AUX menu appears.
- Hold down “DISC” button until CD or CD/MP3 appears on screen. This is CD mode.
- Use the command knob to scroll over to the “CD” option and select it.
- AUX option should now appear. Use the command knob to select it.
- Press the “DISC” button once and then press the “SYS” button until the AUX menu appears.
For those Mercedes owners that have the following button selection we have 1 more suggestion.
- Hold the “CDC” button down for 5 seconds until the AUX Menu appears.
If you have more tips for getting your Mercedes into AUX mode, please leave a comment below and we will update this FAQ.