There are a few basic reasons why pairing the CarPro can be unsuccessful.
- Check that the CarPro is securely on the cable. The blue light should be flashing, which tells you that the CarPro is getting power, and it is in pairing mode.
If there is no light, then there are 3 possibilities:
- There is a problem with the cable. Check, if you can, the connection at the back of the glove box or console. If possible, unplug and re-plug the cable to ensure a solid connection. If it is at all possible, we recommend trying an older iPhone (3 or 4) or an iPod on the cable to test for good connectivity.
- There is a problem with your CarPro, and you should contact us via email at Contact-us@CoolStreamRocks.com or via phone at (603) 421-6515.
- Depending on your car’s year, make, and model, you may need an additional adapter. To make this determination, you will need to check our compatibility list or contact us via email at contact-us@CoolStreamRocks.com or via phone at (603) 421-6515, and we will be happy to check for you.
2. Sometimes, the flashing blue light on the CarPro may last for a very short period of time. In this case, it is best to work quickly. If you are having trouble getting through all of the steps within the time given, be sure you know all the steps, “Bluetooth On, Look for the device, Click on CarPro, Type in the pin of 0000′ and click on them as fast as you can. Once you have success with pairing the CarPro, it will recognize your phone and be much easier in the future.
3. Should you get all the way to put in your pin code of 0000 and get a message like “Pairing Unsuccessful,” we suggest the following steps:
- Remove the CarPro from the cable.
- Delete the CarPro from Bluetooth devices (if it is there)
- Completely shut down the phone and restart it.
- Plug the CarPro onto the cable.
- Go to settings-> Bluetooth on
- Wait for the CarPro to appear, and then WAIT an additional 10 seconds.
- Tap CarPro to pair
- Enter pairing pin of 0000
4. If you get all the way through pairing the CarPro to your device and get a message like “there are no playable songs on the device” or “no playable media,” or “there are no playable tracks on the device.”, you will need to make sure that you have at least one song saved to the music library on your phone. The software in the CarPro will grab this song to complete the connection to the MMI of your car stereo. If you don’t have at least one song save to your phone, even if you have successfully paired your phone to the CarPro, you will not be able to hear music from your car stereo. It will look like it is playing on your phone, but you won’t be able to hear anything.