Some Helpful Troubleshooting Tips
- Blue LED indicator does not come on.
If possible unplug and plug in the iPod cable from the car’s connector. If possible test cable with iPhone 3 or iPhone 4.
- Car does not recognize CarPro, phone is paired but no music.
Make sure that you have downloaded and saved to your phone at least 1 song. Update your telephone to latest operating system, then delete CarPro from Bluetooth devices, and restart phone. Make sure your car stereo mode is set to AUX or Media or iPod depending on your car and model.
- Cannot pair with Phone.
Unplug CarPro from iPod cable. Shut down and restart phone. Turn off other Bluetooth devices such as FitBit, Apple Watch or Bluetooth headset. Plug CarPro onto iPod cable. Wait for CarPro to appear, wait an additional 10 seconds, tap to pair. Pairing code is 0000 (four zeros).
- Music quality is not good or music is skipping.
Remove CarPro from iPod cable. Delete from Bluetooth devices on phone. Update phone to latest operating system. Shut down and restart phone. Plug CarPro onto iPod cable and pair with phone.
- Music is very soft.
Make sure that the volume on your phone is at MAXIMUM.
- CarPro was working then stopped connecting with phone.
- Unplug CarPro from iPod cable.
- Delete CarPro from phone’s Bluetooth devices.
- Turn off Bluetooth function on phone.
- Power off phone and restart it.
- On phone go to Settings -> Bluetooth. Bluetooth should be off.
- Plug CarPro into iPod Cable.
- Wait for blue light to blink.
- Turn on Bluetooth function on phone.
- Wait for CarPro to appear. Tap to pair. Pin code is 0000.
- Cannot pause the music.
You need to pause the music using the stereo or steering wheel controls, not the phone. This could be achieved by pressing the volume barrel, the mute button or pressing volume up and down simultaneously. There are a lot of functions to each stereo but a limited amount of buttons in a car so there is a good chance “pause” is a combination of buttons. Your manual or dealership may be helpful in finding this feature.