What is downloaded music and why do I need a song in my music library for the CarPro to work?
The CoolStream CarPro is equipped with sophisticated software. In order to successfully connect your phone to your stereo system, this software needs to see at least one song you have purchased and saved it to the music library on your phone.
The software in the CarPro will use this song to complete its communication with your car stereo’s iPod/AUX system with your phone.
How do I buy a song for my phone?
For an iPhone:
- Go to the iTunes Store app on your phone. This is the icon with a pink background and a white star.
- Tap on Music
- Tap the Price.
- Enter your Apple ID
- You can tap downloads to see the progress of the download.
For an Android Phone:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Go to the Music section. – This is where you will be searching and buying music.
- In the Music section swipe right to browse tabs like, Genres, Top Album, or use the magnifying glass to search for a specific song.
- Once you have found the song of your choice, tap on it. Now you will be able to see the price of the song.
- A payment window will pop up. Tap ‘Buy’ to purchase this song.
- Open Google Play Music to see the song you have purchased. Select the song and tap Download.
Music downloaded from a streaming site is in the wrong format.
When you have a streaming app such as Spotify or Apple Music, as long as you have a paid subscription you can listen to any music you like in their catalog. What gets confusing is that with your subscription they also allow you to ‘download’ the music so that you can listen offline. As long as you maintain your paid subscription you will have access to this music.
The problem is that this ‘downloaded’ music is not in either MP3 or AAC format needed for the CarPro. It is actually in a ‘DRM Protected‘ format which means that the digital content is restricted on how it can be used. The streaming companies have done this to protect themselves from having users get a one-month subscription, download all the music they like, and then cancel the subscription.
A song that you buy, is yours forever.
Streaming music and streaming services are a great way to learn about new music. You can put together a playlist for a party or spend an afternoon with some old favorites. The important thing to remember is, your access to the catalog, is the power of the service. They own the rights to the songs. As soon as you cancel your subscription, anything that you may have ‘downloaded’ is no longer available to you.